14.5.11

Time in Terms of Study Abroad


If you'd ask me two months ago if I was ready to leave Germany, I would have said no freaking way. A lot is going on in my life in all aspects (family, career, personal), things that needs me to be in America, but I making the most of my last 11 weeks. I want it to go by faster but I know when it's over I'm going to feel lots of pain and anxiety of wanting to return.

Thinking of speaking English all the time and the limited chances of speaking German daily is starting to scare me. Today I tried to think about slang and funny sayings (in English) like 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree' or something and I couldn't. It's going to be an adjustment but I'm ready. Most times in life you have a moment where there is a gut feeling that something is over and it's your time. That's how I feel right now. 

I am really happy with my German skills and confidence for the language that I gained here. My arrival was meet with shock that I could barely get a correct sounding sentence out and now I can jump into conversation. No one can become fluent in a year nor have all the grammar and such down, but I'm going to keep working on it.

Study Abroad has changed my life and personal reflections on how I was living it. It will be really exhilarating to see how I react when placed back into my 'normal' college environment. 

How is your day going today?

Days until first half-marathon: 155 days
Minutes run this week: 54
Apples eaten today: 1

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to say for posting this blog. We have to get new collection of news from your end. All the best for you best support. Keep updataing your blog. This is really nice job

    ReplyDelete