20.2.11

Free time abroad

Depending on you study abroad level and program, you may end with a load of free time. For me, I was given two months off. YES! Two months off. And you want to know how many I am spending traveling? Two weeks.

WEEK ONE: 3 days in London, 2 days in Norway. (not really a full week but hey! Girl can only afford so much time in these pricey places and they were my goals for travel.)
WEEK TWO: Germany exploration with my mom! Yay! My mom has visited me in San Francisco for a Spring Break since I started college. I'm glad the tradition is not ending (hopefully, still some kinks to be picked) just because I am abroad!

Anyway, I am bringing up this topic because as you  can see, loads of free time is still left on the table. Major bits have been spent in all honesty, reading my German book while catching up on the following:

Freaks and Geeks (complete)
Supernatural (all seasons)
Biggest Loser Australia (all seasons)
Glee (new episodes)
House (new episodes)
No shame. I'm pretty proud that I've been able to watch these and study German at the same time to be honest. ASL is still a big break challenge for me and it's a struggle, but the alphabet is getting easier. Next on my list is to find some charities to volunteer for/donate to (new years resolution) and buy a ukulele (break challenge).

There is also another thing on my mind: surf camp! I've always wanted to learn and looking at my budget, if I keep my spending in line while on my solo trip to London and Norway, I should be able to have enough to use on a week long surf camp somewhere. There are a few that have been checked out, but the seasons aren't correct in March. It's okay, maybe I can look for somewhere for my spring break upon my America return.

How would you spend your vacation? My camera LCD is still crap, so unless it gets fixed soon, it's going to be a tizzy for photos while abroad (aka viewfinder photos). Hmph. I'm jsut picky about who will be handling it and there aren't too many here in Tuebingen. :(

Something that lead to my blog today not just once or twice, but TWELVE TIMES!!!
I've spoken over this photo linking to my blog before.


1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Kudos to you for being able to keep up with your studies :) I hope you get to save enough to go to surf camp. That sounds like a lot of fun. I've never been surfing before, but I remember the one time I was going to take lessons there were three sharks in the water that day lol. Uh oh!

    Anyway, I hope all is well! Tschuss <3

    XO!

    ReplyDelete