30.9.10

one chapter down.

FOR SOME REASON BLOGGER WOULDN'T POST THIS FOUR DAYS AGO.
a million and seventy left to go. Today was the official last LAST day of my host family stay here in Horb, Germany. I am sad. I am ready. I took a very cold hike through a bit of the open Schwarzwald with my host mom and brother this evening before dinner. It was nice (anyone able to help me out as to why Blogger won't upload the photos?).

Now I am packing up the final remnants of my life here in Horb. So crazy to imagine that I have been here only six weeks, my whole understanding of the elements of the German language has changed. I still have a ways to go as far as speaking and getting my point across, but my understanding of German is really amazing to me. I can watch an entire show now! Sometimes I found myself comprehending so much my brain starts translating everything automatically in Englisch for me! As if I were watching American TV. It's nice. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment