5.7.10

Music Monday: Sondre Lerche

Forcin' my way out of sleep/ I inhale the smell of spring and greens/ And bucketloads of bees/ The migraine's been all over me/ The softest meadow would've cracked my head/ I'm easily mislead
 
It is always quite amazing when lyrics of a song speak to you. Sondre Lerche is one of those artists that always does it for me. The Norwegian singer never manages to express that English isn't his first language while performing. And just look at those eyes! You can't go wrong with something that beautiful. :) 

Sondre has a number of albums out currently, his latest being Heartbeat Radio, which was released in late 2009. I'm not even sure how I first encountered Lerche. I know that the first album I ever bought from him wasTwo Way Monologue, a brilliant piece of musical genius. His other albums have almost strayed from the instrumental melodies on TWM, whether it be orchestral or pop centric.


Here are a few of my favorite songs by Sondre Lerche:

Love You (instrumental)
Sleep on Needles (the first song I ever heard from him!)
Hell No (ft. Regina Spektor)
Maybe you're gone 

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment