12.7.10

Music Monday: Kick Ass Soundtrack

I'm a big fan of soundtracks. Actually, more like scores for movies. Watching the movie, Kick Ass, which I loved the first two times but then deemed crap on the third time around was an all around bomb for me. I should have known when John Murphy was helping with it, whose scores are not so big with me. Sure I loved 'In a heartbeat' and 'adagio in D minor' like every other person. But really, are you going to tell me you love seeing Murphy re-hash all that stuff out of the early 2000s, and claim they were 'altered' a bit? What's the point of being a composer when you cannot come up worth something original for a movie that needs it the most. I think that may have gotten to me on the third chance.

Anywho, the track listing doesn't spell out HIT either.
1. Stand Up – The Prodigy
2. Kick Ass (We Are Young) – Mika Vs. Redone
3. Can’t Go Back – Primal Scream
4. There’s A Pot A Brewin’ – The Little Ones
5. Omen – The Prodigy
6. Make Me Wanna Die – The Pretty Reckless
7. Banana Splits – The Dickies
8. Starry Eyed – Ellie Goulding
9. This Town Ain’t Big Enough For The Both Of Us – Sparks
10. We’re All In Love – The New York Dolls
11. Bongo Song – Zongamin
12. Per Qualche Dollaro In Piu – Ennio Morricone
13. Bad Reputation – The Hit Girls
14. An American Trilogy – Elvis Presley

Sorry, not really much to say on the Kick-Ass soundtrack, except that it Sucks-Ass. *cue wheezy Big Daddy laugh*

No comments:

Post a Comment