14.6.10

Music Mondays

I am the kind of person that feels like every song, every album, deserves a special rack in my heart. To clear out all the cobwebs, pebbles and dust, and just like the music be. What are your personal feelings about music? I wanted to start a special segment here at PM to give readers a break from mundane financial talk, because I know it is not interesting to everyone.

But first off....the word for today:

das Beispiel - example
Das Bespiel ist sehr gut.
(The example is very good.)

Music Mondays will showcase a favorite new or old artist, album or news-worthy event. If you all have any special suggestions feel free to e-mail me.

The first person in the spotlight is a classic on any music list of mine: SUFJAN STEVENS.The first time I ever wrote about him, I fell for the hype and rumor. Supposedly he had been dropped on a doorstep in a basket with the note 'I love you' when he was a baby! Really! When I look back on it now, I cannot believe my high school paper printed it, nor how I believed it. But, live and learn.

Sufjan is an incredible multi-talented artist. His music has some religious undertones, but not preachy, beautiful, but not only made for females, soft spoken but loud enough. Throughout his numerous singles and albums, Sufjan has showed us that he has enough versatility and style to last a lifetime. Here are just a few of my favorite songs from him:

"A Good Man is Hard to Find" (the first song I ever heard from him)
"Movement VI: Isorhythmic Night Dance with Interchanges"
"Casimir Pulaski Day"
" Super Sexy Woman"

I have every single one of his albums, but if you like what you see, Amazon has almost all of them I believe.

1 comment:

  1. hahah. I was actually listening to the BQE album today. Some great instrumental tracks (:

    ReplyDelete